Recommended update for YaST2
(Last modified: 11NOV2005)
solutions Recommended update for YaST2 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (5b8a41382c778beaac50764924f5684a)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
- Fixes the architecture detection during update
- Fixes selection of different version of available package (e.g. new kernel) in ncurses UI.
- the yast2/order, resp. yast2/inst-order files on instalatino media aren't parsed correctly if they contain dos-style ends of lines
- if installed into directory, YaST wasn't run after booted this system (which is needed eg. for installing for UML)
- enable YaST online update to use https servers.
- Autoyast Window can't be closed by WM (#44556)
- Autoyast DTD for ia64 control file wrong (#48663)
- Fixed typo runlevels -> runlevel (#48528)
- Fixed dialogs for s390 (#47459)
- Enable file system option on LVs (#46865)
- Fixed the 'max' options for partition sizes to work on LVs (#46864)
- Autoyast doesn't save changes to loaded files (#46707)
- AutoYaST documentation updates
- Documentation fix for network access in post-scripts (#42773)
- Added missing examples
- Fixed parsing of command line arguments with space (#48264).
- Fixed support for SGI Altix systems.
- When showing the address for a VNC installation, don't rely on install.inf, print the current IP.
- Copy the DHCP client cache so that the installation can request the same IP.
- Fixed creation of an empty /etc/modules.conf file.
- Support for PCI IDs configured in installation.
- Fixed mode switch if autoyast file is found on floppy.
- Disable certificate verification for https in YOU.
- Several fixes for proxy handling in URLs.
- Always cache the package signing keys found on a new installation source. It might be the media is not needed to actually install packages, but we do need the signing keys.
- Fixed possible overflow in version comparison.
- Update list of vendors whose packages shall not be protected by default. Allow configuration via y2pmrc.
- Cache packages from service pack CDs on the disk if installing from CD media in order to avoid too many disk changes during installation
- Use service pack during installation for products with no multiple sources (media has no order files)
- Added Shift-F7 hotkey to toggle (verbose!) debug logging and Shift-F8 hotkey to save y2logs for bug reporting (using new /sbin/save_y2logs script).
- Improved support for low-color (<= 8 bit) displays to use only complex wizard pixmaps in high color modes.
- Layout fixes for multiple CD sources.
- Fixed obsolete documentation about making screen shots.
- Increase minimal boot size to 64MB
- Fix problem with resizing a partition in ncurses UI
- Fix syntax when handling LVM
- Fix handling of prep boot
- Prevent adding of NSS pools to /etc/fstab
- Add support for disks with size > 2TB
rpm -Fvh yast2.rpm yast2-devel.rpm yast2-installation.rpm autoyast2.rpm autoyast2-installation.rpm autoyast2-utils.rpm yast2-packagemanager.rpm yast2-packagemanager-devel.rpm yast2-packager.rpm yast2-qt.rpm yast2-storage.rpm yast2-tune.rpm yast2-core.rpm yast2-core-devel.rpm yast2-ncurses.rpm yast2-pam.rpm yast2-perl-bindings.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.