Security update for Linux kernel (k_psmp)
(Last modified: 02JUL2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (k_psmp) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (5765523cd5991107a32918726ad3c2c0)
SuSE Firewall on CD 2
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for IA32
SuSE Linux Office Server
- chown: users can change the group affiliation of arbitrary files to the group they belong to
- pss, mpu401 sound driver: read/write to complete memory
- airo driver: read/write to complete memory
- ALSA: copy_from_user/copy_to_user confused
- acpi_asus: read from random memory
- decnet: write to memory without checking
- e1000 driver: read complete memory
rpm -Fvh k_psmp.rpm
Please do not forget to run
liloafter updating the kernel and prior to reboot.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.