Recommended update for kexec-tools
(Last modified: 14MAR2007)
solutions Recommended update for kexec-tools SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (5520b17690fe00511fb8746595e442ec)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IPF
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM POWER
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Install it to have your system at SP1 level.
- added setting to print the kdump command line to standard output
- small improvement for the outut message while dumping: last message always prints 100 0f it was sucessful
- added KDUMP_VERBOSE option to print progress output while dumping and to add the kexec call to system log
- added maxcpus=1 as default for KDUMP_COMMANDLINE_APPEND on IA64
- added --noio as default for KEXEC_OPTIONS on IA64
- align the both start and end address of the ELF core header to EFI_PAGE_SIZE (4096) to fix wrong EFI memory maps (#214865)
- fixed copying, blocksize was wrong (#243058)
- fix help string (from email@example.com)
- fixed overflow error that prints the size from being printed correctly if the size doesn't fit into an int (#243058)
- improved error handling to make sure that a similar problem as in #243058 will output a better error message
- don't refuse to deinstall kexec-tools if kdump was not configured (#243081)
- fixed documentation error (/var/log/dump instead of /var/log/dumps in README.SUSE) (#239506)
- fixed dynamic memory range allocation on ppc64 (#242075)
- fixes overflow on large IA64 systems (#241544)
- added KDUMP_COMMANDLINE_APPEND variable (#241607)
- increase the command line size (#236828)
- do not unload kdump kernel during runlevel changes (#238733)
- added documentation for initrd-based kdump saving
- fixed description of KDUMP_IMMEDIATE_REBOOT
- fix invalid /proc/vmcore on ppc64 (#238078).
- fix the compile options to use RPM_OPT_FLAGS properly.
- improved documentation as response to #226736
- implemented Initrd based kdump saving (#301538)
- rebased on kdump10 patch.
- take kexec-tools-testing snapshot-20061219.
- ia64 support
- relocatable kernel support
- lots of cleanups/fixes
- fix manpage and help about -u option (#208710)
- ia64 kdump support (#214865, FATE#301433, FATE#301434)
- add boot argument "CRASH=1" to indicate the crash environment (for kexec'ing with the same kernel)
- fix kdump init script for ia64, which has only vmlinuz and uses the same kernel for kdump
- reduce boot options for kdump kernel (#223500)
- fixed the calculation of required disk space in kdump init script (#192172)
- fix the wrong usage of crash program in README.SUSE
rpm -Fvh kexec-tools.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.