Recommended update for sysconfig
(Last modified: 25MAY2005)
solutions Recommended update for sysconfig SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (550ebde47522bbe053c592a6b55b1ddc)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- hwdown unloads driver modules if not called from hotplug. With this chance and a current version of yast-network, you may change device setiings with YaST
- ifdown checks if there are interfaces which depend on the current one and take s them down first. For example ifdown eth1 will take down all vlan interfaces be sed on eth1
- interface bonding now works with dhcp and if all ip addresses are labeled (in old terms: using only interface aliases)
- setting up bonding interfaces is now part of ifup manpage
- avoid some superflouos and irritating error messages when dealing with vlan or bonding
- ifup does no longer chose the wrong config file for vlan or bonding interfaces
- P/390 LCS network interface groups correctly
- OSI layer 2 support for QETH network devices
- "escon" and "ficon" are aliases for "ctc" in getcfg
- FICON support has been fixed
rpm -Fvh sysconfig.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.