Recommended update for tftp
(Last modified: 16MAR2007)
solutions Recommended update for tftp SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (4e1d3dbdf00e2f9352946a037490c319)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IPF
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM POWER
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- update package for SLES10 SP1 (#236771)
- disabled libedit for SLES10 SP1
- update to version 0.48:
- Unbreak -l -s in the server, which was broken in 0.47.
- additional changes from 0.47:
- Add -L option to the server to run standalone without detaching from the shell.
- Parallel make fix.
- update to version 0.46:
- Minor portability improvements.
- additional change from 0.45: Add -l (literal) option to the client, to override the special treatment of the colon (:) character as a hostname separator.
- replaced tftp-hpa-0.43_syntax.diff with tftp-hpa-0.46_colon_check.patch: restore a behavior which was broken with 0.35
- merged tftp-hpa-0.43_signdness.patch with tftp-hpa-0.43_bcopy_secfix.patch. new patch: tftp-hpa-0.46_bcopy_secfix.patch.
- added tftp-hpa-0.46_libedit.patch: Build against libedit to enable lineediting support.
- update to version 0.44:
- Allow the client to specify a range of local port numbers, just like the server can.
- Fix sending SIGHUP to update the regular expression table.
- update to version 0.43:
- Fix double-free error on ^c in client.
- Try to deal with clients that send TFTP requests to broadcasts (apparently some recent Sun boxes do this instead of using the address told by DHCP. Bad Sun! Bad Sun!)
- Portability fixes.
- removed first chunk from tftp-hpa-0.40.diff and renamed it to tftp-hpa-0.43_include_sys_params.patch. the first chunk was fixed upstream.
- patches rediffed and renamed: tftp-bcopy-secfix.diff -> tftp-hpa-0.43_bcopy_secfix.patch tftp-hpa-0.40.readline.diff -> tftp-hpa-0.43_readline.diff tftp-hpa-0.40-syntax.diff -> tftp-hpa-0.43_syntax.diff
- added tftp-hpa-0.43_signdness.patch: fixed signedness warnings which where mostlikely caused by the bcopy fixes.
rpm -Fvh tftp.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.