Recommended Linux Kernel Update (k_deflt)
(Last modified: 07MAY2002)
solutions Recommended Linux Kernel Update (k_deflt) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (4bfbafa0afa348fd607e6f3c3555a57d)
- DoS vulnerability due to unsufficient checks on symbolic links.
- System crash due to unsufficient parameter checks in kernel module
- Security problem in the
ip_masq_ircmasquerading module which could be used to circumvent block of certain TCP ports.
ptrace()security problem which allowed to trace suid binaries.
SYNcookies security fix.
- TCP connection lockup due to faulty
- Numerous small bugs, especially in the IP firewalling/masquerading code
- Several LVM problems (by backporting LVM version from kernel 2.2.19).
- linux-2.2.16-iucv3.tar.gz (fixes segment exception for IUCV on Multiprise systems)
- linux-2.2.16-dasd_fba.tar.gz (fixes "ccwcache:Channel program to large to fit on one page" error)
- linux-2.2.16-rva_perf.tar.gz (fixes severe degradation of RVA performance)
lvm) are required for LVM users.
rpm -Uvh k_deflt.rpm lvm.rpm
silo -d /dev/dasda
to install the kernel. Replace "/dev/dasda" with the device name you will IPL from.
Finally shutdown the linux system with
shutdown -h now
(replace "now" with the appropriate time to give local users a chance to gracefully log out, for example "+10" for ten minutes) and re-IPL.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.