Recommended update for YaST2 modules
(Last modified: 10JAN2005)
solutions Recommended update for YaST2 modules SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (4a363a884b432cbed46fcf803241eec4)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- Fixed LDAP support to make all LDAP-enabled modules work against the eDirectory server (setting correct permission, changing object creation order, avoid checking of included schemes, save passwords in clear text; modify passwords by deleting and re-creating).
- Translation fixes
- Documentation updates
- Add "thash_entries=2097152" to kernel command line on Altix Scalable Node
- Fixed creating default CA and certificate with short root password.
- Fixed problem with IBMJava keytool and default certificates generated by YaST (missing Subject Alternative Name and Issuer Alternative Name).
- Fixed to work with Service Pack CDs to create CD images with updated packages and driverupdate
- Dont create boot/loader on IA64 images
- Do not call loadkeys on iseries
- Save NTP servers as 'ntp-servers' in DHCP server configuration, not 'time-servers' to the configuration file.
- Several fixes for installing HTTP server packages needed for dynamically loaded modules.
- HTTP server module fix for AutoYaST to avoid problems with reloading a profile
- Install server module fixes to support service packs
- Fixed announce of a install server directory via slp does not work
- Fixed configuration of HTTP server for the install server
- Discard the ipsec.secrets/conf content while saving in IPsec module, if the parsing of the file is failed. Workaround for situations, when freeswan package sometimes installs broken secrets file.
- Show the name of LDAP server we want to connect to
- Save changes done via command-line interface
- Do not reininitialize settings set from outside
- Fix disabling openldap server.
- Fix configuration of ldap-server in installation
- Fixed AutoYaST configuration of base DN and admin DN.
- Update the password of cyrus properly
- Fixed deactivation of IMAP quota
- Ask user before installing packages
- Fixed missing permit_sasl_authenticated for SASL/TLS
- Renamed "Define New Domain" => "Configure Mail Domains"
- Unified "Create User Configuration Object" => "Create Default Configuration Objects"
- Properly enable/disable widgets and validate input in the DNS dialog
- Changed label: IUCV "link name/partner" to "peer name"
- Added qeth options and IP takeover to qeth and hsi
- show correct status, restart xinetd properly
- Fixed module freezing with recent pthread library while detecting queues of a server
- Allow to use tls/ssl for connecting to LDAP server
- Fixed broken command line interface, introduced new command "clear" to set empty value
- Correctly check if LDAP user should be created during installation
- YaPI fix: enable to set of "bind_dn" different from default
- Do not discard users added from rpm scripts during autoinstallation
rpm -Fvh yast2-bootloader.rpm yast2-ca-management.rpm yast2-cd-creator.rpm yast2-country.rpm yast2-dhcp-server.rpm yast2-dns-server.rpm yast2-http-server.rpm yast2-ipsec.rpm yast2-instserver.rpm yast2-ldap-client.rpm yast2-ldap-server.rpm yast2-mail-server.rpm yast2-network.rpm yast2-printer.rpm yast2-samba-server.rpm yast2-powertweak.rpm yast2-sysconfig.rpm yast2-users.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.