Security update for xv
(Last modified: 27APR2005)
solutions Security update for xv SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (43b2efb78bbe436ccffb6340ffdaa616)
Product(s): SLES SDK 9 for x86
SLES SDK 9 for IPF
SLES SDK 9 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SLES SDK 9 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SLES SDK 9 for IBM zSeries
SLES SDK 9 for X86-64
- a buffer overflow in the BMP decoder (CAN-2004-1725)
- integer overflows in the Iris, PCX and PM decoders (CAN-2004-1726)
- format string bugs in filename handling (CAN-2005-0665)
- buffer overflows in the PDS decoder
- format string bugs in the TIFF and PDS decoders
- handling of shell meta-characters in filenames
rpm -Fhv xv.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.