Recommended update for Novell NCP services
(Last modified: 14MAR2006)
solutions Recommended update for Novell NCP services SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (3e3ef41ce4d6ec086f3908b82420ae40)
Product(s): Open Enterprise Server
- Error unlocking / locking file records. When a client locks a physical record at the same offset in multiple files there is a good chance that it will have problems finding it when the unlock request comes along. This leaves the lock there and prevents future locks of that record until the client closes the file.
- Missing rights when browsing with Windows Explorer. When browsing causes a new connection to be made to a server, there is a race condition where we cache the supervisor information before it gets set in the connection table. This leaves the admin user without any file system rights.
- Crashed connections not detected in a timely manner. When a client crashes, it takes over 2 hours before detect the problem and clear the connection - thus freeing up their resources (open files, login restrictions, etc.).
- Crash when used with eDir 8.8. (reported by testing)
- Read-Only media support for NCP volumes. This includes CDs, DVDs, Read-Only NFS Mount Points, etc.
- Japanese Character set problems. Valid file name characters as well as broadcast message problems.
- Salvaging files with trustees.
- Support for "Disable Login" / "Enable Login" command in ncpcon.
rpm -Fvh novell-ncp.rpm novell-ncpserv.rpm novell-ncpserv-nrm.rpm novell-nrm.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.