Bugfix update for GCC
(Last modified: 16MAY2002)
solutions Bugfix update for GCC SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (3c7c7ddff66fff2cfbb2d0363161fe0d)
gcc-2.95.3-s390-3.tar.gz(IBM code drop 2002-03-18) and
- Incorrect code generated by the loop optimizer. In some very rare cases the strength reduction pass would generate incorrect code.
- Application crashes when throwing an exception. In functions using variable argument lists DWARF-2 information used by the exception handling unwinding code was incorrectly generated causing an abort of the application.
- Internal compiler error on long long multiplications for 31-bit target
- 64-bit instructions generated on 31-bit (
tmllinstructions in 31-bit assembler code)
- Incorrect code generated due to using
ADDinstruction instead of
LOAD ADDRESSfor pointer computation.
- Incorrect code generated by inline
- Dead code elimination for complex
switchstatements removes code following the
switchstatement as well when all cases prove to contain dead code.
- Internal compiler error
"unrecognized insn"due to illegal address constants.
rpm -Fvh gcc.rpm cpp.rpm
If you are using the GNU C++ (
gpp) compiler you additionally need to apply the patch described in maintenance article "Bugfix update for gpp" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/f5bf8fd7507d615027b8c7ff5fbd8ac1.html).
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.