Security update for squid
(Last modified: 30JUN2005)
solutions Security update for squid SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (376d684bc4c52e058376c0b2c1f41fd8)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE LINUX Retail Solution 8
SuSE Linux School Server for i386
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for x86
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IPF
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for AMD64
Open Enterprise Server
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- A problem with the cache digest introduced by the last security update was fixed.
- A DNS spoofing bug was fixed that allowed malicious users to spoof DNS lookups if the DNS client UDP port is unfiltered and the network is not protected from IP spoofing (CAN-2005-1519).
- Access Controls to the cachemgr.cgi script were added, preventing it from being abused to reach other servers than allowed in the local configuration file. Please note: This patch introduces a new config file /etc/squid/cachemgr.conf for handling this issue (CAN-1999-0710).
- Squid 2.5 and earlier do not trigger a fatal error when they identify missing or invalid ACLs in the http_access configuration, which could lead to less restrictive ACLs than intended by the administrator (CAN-2005-1345).
- A race condition in Squid 2.5.STABLE7 to 2.5.STABLE9, when using the Netscape Set-Cookie recommendations for handling cookies in caches, may cause Set-Cookie headers to be sent to other users, which allows attackers to steal the related cookies (CAN-2005-0626).
- Squid 2.5.STABLE7 and earlier allow a remote attackers to cause a denial of service (segmentation fault) by aborting the connection during a (1) PUT or (2) POST request, which causes Squid to access previously freed memory (CAN-2005-0718).
rpm -Fvh squid.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.