Security update for Linux kernel (k_smp)
(Last modified: 04APR2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (k_smp) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (36bc6e1f5cd98adfba51da104c2c719c)
SuSE Firewall on CD 2
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for IA32
SuSE Linux Office Server
This article applies to systems with the
k_smpkernel package installed, please use the appropriate kernel package if you are using a different kernel:
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/d9ee6a88092a26fe8664d17bd5133bf7.html)
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_i386)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/eb67186ab223fba67bafe5d794df09bf.html)
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_psmp)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/db5d930a19dbcb117a69b5e1afe5b7bf.html)
rpm -qf /boot/vmlinuz
- A buffer overflow has been found in the ISO 9660 filesystem code which can be exploited locally by mounting a malformed ISO CD file system. (CAN-2004-0109)
- A possible leak of information has been discovered in the JFS file system code. (CAN-2004-0181)
- A deadlock has been found in the inode handling code.
rpm -Fvh k_smp.rpm mk_initrd lilo
please do not forget to run
liloafter installing the package
k_smpfor the system to remain bootable.
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.