Security update for Linux Kernel (s390x)
(Last modified: 04SEP2006)
solutions Security update for Linux Kernel (s390x) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (3681897a438bf798b938ff818b83dd7e)
Product(s): SUSE SLE 10 DEBUGINFO for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE SLES 10 for IBM zSeries 64bit
- CVE-2006-3745: A double userspace copy in a SCTP ioctl allows local attackers to overflow a buffer in the kernel, potentially allowing code execution and privilege escalation. [#199441]
- CVE-2006-4093: Local attackers were able to crash PowerPC systems with PPC970 processor using a not correctly disabled privileged instruction ("attn"). [#197810]
- CVE-2006-3468: Remote attackers able to access an NFS of a ext2 or ext3 filesystem can cause a denial of service (file system panic) via a crafted UDP packet with a V2 lookup procedure that specifies a bad file handle (inode number), which triggers an error and causes an exported directory to be remounted read-only. [#192988]
- XEN patches/fixes:
- kunmap_atomic() must zap the PTE to avoid dangling references.
- patches.xen/xen-balloon-max-target: Expose limit domain can be ballooned up to [#152667]
- Fix oops on io scheduler unload on a process without ioc (backport)
- OCFS2 updated to to version 1.2.3.
- update patches.arch/ppc-update_gtod-race.patch: restrict to 64bit only because it leads to deadlocks on ppc32 [#202146]
- Fix MCA recovery in context switch path [#199472]
- fix gettimeofday vs. update_gtod race [#197699]
- LKCD: dump all slab pages. [#196330]
- Make idle io be lowest priority best-effort [#195387]
- Fix dropping of wrong cic. [#195387]
- Fix stale file handle problem with subtree_checking. [#195040]
- Remove Altix PROM bit that can race on MCAs. [#193296]
- Prevent silent data corruption caused by XPC. [#193132]
- Fix race condition during COW [#192259]
- sched: fix group power for allnodes_domains [#191929]
- Allow dma_alloc_coherent() to work for regions up to 2MB. [#191615]
- fix ABBA deadlock between cpuset callback_sem and hotplug cpucontrol mutex [#191582]
- Check for existing sysfs directory prior to creating one [#191360]
- Fix possible NFS panic in readdir. [#189951]
- MPT driver: Fix oops on module loading [#189534]
- SUNRPC: Ensure that rpc_mkpipe returns a refcounted dentry [#183013]
- Pass file mode on DMAPI remove events [#182691]
- MPT driver: Fix oops during error recovery [#177919]
- flush icache on POWER4 cpus to fix itrace crash [#171699]
- KPROBES: Fix system panic if user doing copy_from_user in the probe handlers [#171483]
- Avoid possible soft-lockup, particularly related to md [#152099]
- reiserfs: fix transaction overflowing [#145070]
- IBM Patchcluster 6
- Problem-ID: 25393 - xpram: module parameter parsing.
- Problem-ID: 23720 - zfcp: failed paths remain unavailable
- Problem-ID: 23989 - zfcp: ERP "deadlock" when registering a scsi device or remote port (partII)
- Problem-ID: 24645 - qeth: qethconf not adding ipa entries
- Problem-ID: 25507 - cio: 5 min timeout after setting chpid offline.
- Problem-ID: 25511 - cio: Fix some path grouping and path verification related problems.
- IBM Patchcluster 7
- Problem-ID: 25564 - qeth: race during setup of qeth device
- Problem-ID: 25799 - iucv: multiple interfaces with same peer established
- Problem-ID: 25801 - cio: permanent subchannel busy conditions may cause I/O stall
- Problem-ID: 23575 - cio: module containing ccwgroup driver cannot be unloaded.
- Problem-ID: 25802 - cio: Disallow ccwgroup devices containing non-unique ccw devices.
- Problem-ID: 26016 - qeth: race when reboot and recovery run concurrently
- Problem-ID: 26068 - qeth: kernel panic under heavy UDP workload
- Problem-ID: 26103 - cio: I/O stall due to lost interupt after CHPID vary off/on cycle
- Problem-ID: 26014 - qeth: stack trace with msg "inconsistent lock state"
- Problem-ID: 26118 - dasd: kernel BUG when setting a DASD device offline.
- Problem-ID: 19628 - zfcp: do adapter reopen on do_QDIO error
- Problem-ID: 26144 - qeth: Setrouting for ipv6 invalid on hipersockets.
- Problem-ID: 23427, 24855 - cio: Inconsistent values in channel measurement facility.
- Problem-ID: 24511 - dasd: Cleanup queue fails during offline processing.
In the previous kernel versions HZ_TIMER was switched on by default. It is now switched off. (see cat
/proc/sys/kernel/hz_timeron the system)
rpm -Fvh kernel-syms*.rpm kernel-default*.rpm
Afterwards, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.