Security update for PHP4
(Last modified: 02SEP2005)
solutions Security update for PHP4 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (2e855be5ae7903ca40477ba01d9c9d02)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
php4-recodecan no longer be used at the same time as
apache2-mod_auth_mysqldue to the RTLD_GLOBAL fixes. Please refer to
- A bug that can be exploited by remote attackers to bypass HTML tag filtering (cross-site-scripting prevention) by supplying special tags. These kind of tags should be ignored because they are not valid but they get accepted by some commercial web-browsers.
- A bug that can be exploited by remote attackers by triggering the
memory_limitin unsafe states of a PHP execution path to execute arbitrary code.
- Bugs caused by bad array parsing of the user input via
COOKIE. One could lead to overwriting variable
$_FILES, while the other could expose some pieces of PHP's memory to the attacker.
- A bug that could disclose PHP sourcecode under some circumstances.
- Various bugs in the unserializer (CAN-2004-1019)
- A buffer overflow in the EXIF parser (CAN-2004-1065)
- A bug in
readline()that could lead to denial of service.
- A bug in
getimagesize()which could lead to denial of service (CAN-2005-0524, CAN-2005-0525)
- Bugs in the EXIF parser could allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code (CAN-2005-1042) or cause denial of service (CAN-2005-1043)).
- Bugs in the
PEAR::XML_RPClibrary allowed remote attackers to pass arbitrary PHP code to the
eval()function (CAN-2005-1921, CAN-2005-2498).
- An integer overflow bug was found in the pcre (perl compatible regular expression) library which could be used by an attacker to potentially execute code. (CAN-2005-2491)
dlopen()flag for opening php4 modules has been reverted back to
RTDL_LOCALhad some side effects when extensions like
php4-unixODBCload their own libraries (unixODBC uses
- Pre-Requires tags of some sub-packages have been tweaked to aid computing the uninstall order.
- Performance problems of
unserialize()caused by previous security update.
rpm -Fvh php4.rpm apache-mod_php4.rpm apache2-mod_php4.rpm mod_php4-core.rpm php4-imap.rpm php4-mysql.rpm php4-session.rpm php4-fastcgi.rpm php4-devel.rpm php4-sysvshm.rpm php4-exif.rpm php4-pear.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.