Recommended update for Linux kernel (k_deflt)
(Last modified: 15JAN2003)
solutions Recommended update for Linux kernel (k_deflt) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (2d7f0f10fd7479f325a6fd051b98314b)
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
- fix for a data loss bug on umount of ext3 filesystems
- fix for a kernel oops from NFS client which can only occur under extreme NFS load
- backport of additional NFS fixes from 2.4.20
- fix for a scheduler problem where an RT task could hang the system
- fix for backspacing more than 511 files in the S/390 tape driver
- fix for file mark handling bug in
osstthat breaks backup programs
- avoid race between the sync of the unused list and unmount while unmounting filesystems
- fix for security issues of the 3270 terminal driver and other drivers
- adding further recommeded fixes for the 3270 color terminal driver
- adding the missing config options for the software watchdog
- doesn't align "
vm_area_struct" anymore in order to save space
- fix for the loop device used directly on S/390 devices with a hardware blocksize greater than 512 byte
- change of the definition of IPID_CPU_GRAB to 4
- several SMP fixes concerning
ipiddistribution, two RPC requests with the same XID, kernel NFSd replay cache
- update of kernel JFS to version 1.1.0, the changes are:
txForceactually force the metadata to disk
- Fix off-by-one error when the symbolic link length is 256
jfs_clear_inodeshould skip bad inodes, not choke on them
rpm -Uvh k_deflt.rpm mkinitrd zipl
Please do not forget to run "
mkinitrd" or "
zipl", otherwise your system will not IPL. Now IPL the new kernel with
shutdown -r now
To give local shell users time to gracefully log out, exchange "
now" with the appropriate amount of time, for example "
+5" for five minutes.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.