Recommended update for YaST2
(Last modified: 06DEC2005)
solutions Recommended update for YaST2 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (2c8495f447027a826b36c7173c8ddb1b)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Open Enterprise Server
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- More reliable scanning for NFS servers (used by yast2-nfs and yast2-restore) (#55582).
- Do not save proxy configuration if it has not changed (#55805).
- Ask for YOU authentication data in YOU check during the Internet test (#57177).
- Keep logs of the internet connection test (#61285).
- Flush interface addresses before setting it up again during the installation; caused problems with Open Enterprise Server (#67240).
- Layer 2 should not be controlled by the IPA takeover checkbox;
- fixed disabling IPA takeover (#85438, comment 32).
- Enabled DHCP for S/390s (#87336).
- Fixed setting QETH options to empty (#90454).
- Emphasized that the host name is global (#91202).
- Added https proxy support (#95647).
- Do not use modules marked with BrokenModules (#97540,#97655).
- Added widgets for qeth Layer 2 MAC address and LCS LANCMD timeout (#98958).
- Fixed reading init scripts if some of them contain a special backslash and whitespace combination (#103013).
- Autoyast: do not ignore networking/dns if networking/interfaces is empty (#117484).
- Autoyast: support interface matching by vio bus id, allow matching by MAC, bus id and module for second and subsequent interfaces (both #119592).
rpm -Fvh yast2.rpm yast2-devel.rpm yast2-network.rpm yast2-core.rpm yast2-core-devel.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.