Security update for kernel-source
(Last modified: 22AUG2003)
solutions Security update for kernel-source SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (25e414245a6e2511e1e6f6f266f0c2db)
- CAN-2003-0244: The route cache implementation in Linux 2.4, and the Netfilter IP conntrack module, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via packets with forged source addresses that cause a large number of hash table collisions related to the PREROUTING chain
- Fixed several potential buffer overflows in the 32 bit emulation layer.
- CAN-2003-0247: Fixed local DOS via /dev/console & TIOCCONS.
- Fix potential buffer overflow in module load in iCom modem driver.
- Fix ptrace kmod patch to restore old behaviour.
- CAN-2003-0476 "fd sharing" problem fixed, where an attacker can read setuid, but not readable programs.
- CAN-2003-0501 proc disclosure issue was fixed.
- CAN-2003-0462 /proc/self/* permissions vs executing a setuid application race was fixed.
- CAN-2003-0464 nfs binding issue, were unprivileged programs could bind to the NFS port, was fixed.
- CAN-2003-0619: Integer signedness error in the decode_fh function of nfs3xdr.c in Linux kernel before 2.4.21 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (kernel panic) via a negative size value within XDR data of an NFSv3 procedure call.
- RAID 1 module is no longer miscompiled.
- avoid race window in submit_bh.
- added ethtool eeprom config ioctls.
- better handling for scsi recovered errors added.
- kmalloc sizeof struct instead of sizeof pointer
- NFS: Fixed race between mount and lockd.
- Use different uname -r, to avoid module load problems.
- The ibmsis driver was updated to version 1.18.16, fixing a problem with a 2757 SCSI storage driver.
- fixed a possible lockup in the iseries viocons driver (also requires an OS/400 PTF).
- The userland buffer can overflow if /proc/ioport has too long lines.
- Fixed execv() problems introduced by earlier "fd sharing" fix.
- handle POSIX locks correctly for terminated processes.
- longer timeouts for probing DVD-ROMs on a IDE-SCSI converter.
- fixes for PCI/TCE handling, which led to hardware not being detected.
- fixed potential file corruption error.
rpm -Uvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.