Security update for AMD64 kernel
(Last modified: 21AUG2003)
solutions Security update for AMD64 kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (24a68d0a1826e2055e9bd81b5f4d700b)
- fix overflow problem in NFSv3 decode_fh (CAN-2003-0619)
- prevent possible DoS in netfilter code
- fix problem with losing POSIX file locks after execve(2)
- fix problem with LSI Megaraid driver
- fix siginfo_t padding so that e.g. D_NOTIFY works again.
- handle empty nodes for AMD64
- better aperture checking for AMD64
- avoid NMI watchdog trigger in MPT fusion error handling
- Add fix for madvise(MADV_WILLNEED)
- fix epoll for 32-bit processes
- fix RPL for interrupt gates on x86-64
rpm -Uvh k_numa-2.4.19-256.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh k_smp-2.4.19-256.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh k_deflt-2.4.19-256.x86_64.rpm
You can find out which kernel you need to install by issuing:
rpm -qf /boot/vmlinuz
If you need the kernel sources you can install them by using the command:
rpm -Uvh kernel-source-2.4.19.SuSE-256.x86_64.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.