Recommended update for net-snmp
(Last modified: 25FEB2005)
solutions Recommended update for net-snmp SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (241cb3d1d47cc754ff5bc737c32529fd)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- A better memory detection for non-i386 system was backport from the upstream net-snmp.
- Enabled the DISKIO sub agent.
- Implemented dynamic CPU handling, including support for all SLES 9 platforms.
- Correctly overflow Gauge32 and Counter32 values on 64bit systems.
- Added check to init script to not load /etc/snmpd.conf twice, which previously led to memory corruptions.
- Merged over double free patch from 5.1.2, which lead to memory corruptions on doubled registration of an OID.
rpm -Fvh net-snmp.rpm net-snmp-devel.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.