Recommended update for k_timer (sles7-s390x)
(Last modified: 23DEC2003)
solutions Recommended update for k_timer (sles7-s390x) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (1b141f75c8a8f6a425d4c64e082934b0)
- IBM code drop from 5.12.2003
- Crashes, triggered by iucv and ctc when calling dst_link_failure()
- Fixed S390 Debug Feature usage.
- Unable to reconnect when using z/VM 3.1 at remote peer.
- crashes triggered by s390 network drivers calling dst_link_failure.
- ctc: loglevel parameter could not be set to maximum.
- reduce stack usage (for qeth: export show_trace symbol).
- OCO-Bug fix: spinlock problem with unsupported ioctls in qeth.
- OCO-Bug fix: reduce stack usage.
- OCO-Bug fix: avoid hang during initialization on I/O errors.
- OCO-Bug fix: crashes triggered by s390 network drivers calling dst_link_failure
- OCO-Bug fix: VIPA and Proxy ARP problems on qeth.
- Fixing a possible security hole in brk (#33444) addr + len may be bigger than TASKSIZE
- fix mlock in get_user_pages with pte_dirty==false (#32352)
rpm -Fvh k_timer.rpm zipl
Now reboot the Linux system with:
shutdown -r now
(substitute 'now' with an appropriate amount of time if you want to give local users a chance to log out before the Linux system goes down, for example '+10' for 10 minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.