Security update for Linux kernel (kernel-source)
(Last modified: 22JAN2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (kernel-source) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (1657ee5b3bc8722dd6cf6392869756be)
IBM code drop
- DASD driver sets improper default cache mode on ESS. (IBM Problem-ID 5409)
- Disable message interrupts during connection setup.
- Massive workload combined with ESS flascopy leading to IO hang. (IBM Problem-ID 4676)
- Unnecessary restriction to length of input data for MEX request. (IBM Problem-ID 5633)
- DASD driver: BUG when pulling/plug in fibers associated with ESS. (IBM Problem-ID 5702)
Paul Starzetz of iSEC reported a vulnerability in the
mremap()system call, which allows local attackers to crash the machine and even obtain super user ("
root") privileges under certain circumstances.
rpm -Fvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.