Security update for acroread
(Last modified: 19FEB2007)
solutions Security update for acroread SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (14f5542bd4da8ef488264255763b04a4)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
For SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 this version now includes its own GLIB2, ATK, PANGO and GTK2 libraries, since Acroread 7.0.x requires a minimum level of GTK2 2.4.
This update also includes following security fixes:
- CVE-2006-5857: A memory corruption problem was fixed in Adobe Acrobat Reader can potentially lead to code execution.
- CVE-2007-0044: Universal Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) problems were fixed in the Acrobat Reader plugin which could be exploited by remote attackers to conduct CSRF attacks using any site that is providing PDFs.
- CVE-2007-0045: Cross site scripting problems in the Acrobat Reader plugin were fixed, which could be exploited by remote attackers to conduct XSS attacks against any site that is providing PDFs.
- CVE-2007-0046: A double free problem in the Acrobat Reader plugin was fixed which could be used by remote attackers to potentially execute arbitrary code. Note that all platforms using Adobe Reader currently have counter measures against such attack where it will just cause a controlled abort().
- CVE-2007-0047 and CVE-2007-0048 affect only Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer.
rpm -Fvh acroread.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.