Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 18MAR2008)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (11f2685248dd1c55897b82c840b7d545)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
- Memory overrun vulnerability in ISDN code (CVE-2007-6151)
- Insufficient range checks of certain fault handlers (CVE-2008-0007)
- Reset current->pdeath_signal on SUID binary execution (CVE-2007-3848)
- aacraid: Fix range checks (CVE-2007-4308).
- fixed a remote buffer overflow in CIFS (CVE-2007-5904)
- Several kernel crashes addressed.
- Improvements to running as a VMWare guest.
- Update of OCFS2 to 1.2.8-2.
- New code drop for the s390 architecture.
rpm -Fvh kernel-s390.rpm kernel-source.rpm kernel-syms.rpm zipl
When rebooting the Linux on zSeries z/VM guests, please ensure that you have installed the PTFs for APAR VM63742:
- z/VM 4.4: UM31426
- z/VM 5.1: UM31428
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.