Recommended for kernel-ppc64
(Last modified: 14FEB2003)
solutions Recommended for kernel-ppc64 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (100494ed22567fe334d53c577e902a58)
The following problems have been fixed / features have been added:
- network interfaces cannot be brought down and brought up on regatta systems. Problem is seen in GA3 firmware (R3R020930_d41e04) and newer
- smp race in nfsd replay cache
- smp race in rpc-xprt-xid-spinlock
- add patch-036-big-module
- rtas display (pSeries only) is now programmable through /proc/rtas interface. See package rtasdispd for information about how to use it.
- boot problem on dual processor p610 with newer firmware
rpm -Uvh kernel-ppc64.rpm mk_initrd lilo
After these commands have completed succesfully, reboot your machine:
shutdown -r now
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.