Recommended update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 30JUN2005)
solutions Recommended update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (0dbe2e609c683ba61b4b9d9e0dab5924)
Product(s): SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
- Several JFS stability fixes.
- Fixed a small MD autostart bug.
- Fixed memfrac and lower_zone_reserve kernel parameters.
- Fixed a harmless bug in rwsem just in case some driver uses it.
- Updated to codedrop 2005-06-07:
- dasd: Fixed init request queuing and locking. (Prob-ID: 16100)
- kernel: Any guest can send smsg messages to cmm. (Prob-ID: 14816)
- z90crypt: Unnecessary messages in syslog. (Prob-ID: 15938)
- zfcp: Do port re-open only if test link fails. (Prob-ID: 16146)
- zfcp: Bug during adapter shutdown. (Prob-ID: 15658)
- Enable stack traces during gfp debugging.
rpm -Fvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
To load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.