Recommended update for linuxrc
(Last modified: 14MAR2007)
solutions Recommended update for linuxrc SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (0a1f48c902951141a2724ac1fc1a6b39)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IPF
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM POWER
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Install it to have your system at SP1 level.
- work around problem with too early DHCP releases (#221865)
- mls: bad tftp response overwrites the request (#242892)
- s390: handle invalid MAC addresses (including empty ones) properly (bug #243795)
- s390: write Layer2 flag to install.inf
- BOOTIF fixed (feat. #301394)
- s390: don't ask for MAC address if not Layer 2
- added 'netretry' option to aid debugging network problems (#236646)
- read iSCSI BIOS tables (#221206)
- vnc passwords must have at least 6 chars (#184204)
- s390: added OSA MAC address parameter ("OSAHWAddr") + config code (bug #168492)
- aborting some dialogs changed config values (#229878)
- more ip address checks (#229297)
- changed tftp to bind to different port for each connection (#187745)
- write TERM to install.inf (#192052)
- info file can be on any media (#56845)
- accept 'BOOTIF' as alias to 'netdevice' (feat. #301394)
rpm -Fvh linuxrc.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.