Security update for Linux Kernel (k_i386)
(Last modified: 13JUN2003)
solutions Security update for Linux Kernel (k_i386) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (09dd86ad5f70f4aee4d9e880c164da44)
SuSE eMail Server III
SuSE Firewall Adminhost VPN
SuSE Linux Admin-CD for Firewall
SuSE Firewall on CD 2 - VPN
SuSE Firewall on CD 2
SuSE Linux Connectivity Server
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for IA32
SuSE Linux Office Server
This article applies to systems with the
k_i386kernel package installed, please use the appropriate kernel package if you are using a different kernel:
- "Security update for Linux Kernel (k_deflt) " (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/ccf1c1958ebb05c74d9da3560def244d.html)
- "Security update for Linux Kernel (k_smp) " (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/bf70b890331c94584639730ba28a1947.html)
- "Security update for Linux Kernel (k_psmp) " (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/50c76e2b4f8a930e5240ed8add7978a5.html)
rpm -qf /boot/vmlinuz
- fix for possible denial of service attack (DoS) in the routing code
- fix for possible attack of an unpriviledged user via ioport
- fix for bad side effects of initial ptrace security fix
- fix for problem with ecc reporting garbage in /proc/ram
- allows info about need for large LUNs to be passed via kernel parameter
- fix for SMP crash problem in bonding driver
- fix for invalid ACK handling in tcp_minisocks
- fix for kernel panic with pptpd when mss > mtu
- fix for console redirect bug
- fix for ipc lock race that can crash/hang the system
rpm -Uvh k_i386.rpm
Please make sure that you execute the commands
as user "
root" after installing this update for the system to be bootable.
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.