Recommended update for SpamAssassin
(Last modified: 16NOV2007)
solutions Recommended update for SpamAssassin SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (076abb97e7204751531581e4b9bf955b)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- fix for CVE-2007-0451: possible DoS due to incredibly long URIs found in the message content.
- disable perl module usage in update channels unless --allowplugins is specified
- files with names starting/ending in whitespace weren't usable
- remove Text::Wrap related code due to upstream issues
- update spamassassin and sa-learn to better deal with STDIN
- improvements and bug fixes related to DomainKeys and DKIM support
- several updates for Received header parsing
- several documentation updates and random taint-variable related issues
- Razor: disable Razor2 support by default per our policy, since the service is not free for non-personal use. It's trivial to reenable (by editing '/etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre').
- DCC: disable DCC for similar reasons, due to new license terms.
- Net::DNS bug: high load caused answer packets to be mixed up and delivered as answers to the wrong request, causing false positives. worked around.
- DNSBL lookups and other DNS operations are now more efficient, by using a custom single-socket event-based model instead of Net::DNS.
rpm -Fvh perl-libwww-perl.rpm perl-spamassassin.rpm spamassassin.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.