Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 12JAN2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (06d9b535f149ae45bfa511b709dd024b)
- Add missing check in mremap (CAN-2003-0985)
- DASD driver sets improper default cache mode on ESS.
- Massive workload combined with ESS flascopy leading to I/O hang.
- PCICCs fail to be detected under z90crypt.
- z90crypt doesn't support dynamic device node generation.
- Unable to reconnect when using z/VM 3.1 at remote peer.
fake_llproblems when IPv6 is not active in qeth.
multicast_routerhandling for IPv6 on OSA.
- sclp: signal shutdown does not work.
- zfcp: unwary memory allocation during error recovery.
- Crashes, triggered by IUCV and CTC when calling
- DHCP does not work with HiperSockets guest LAN.
- Fixed S390 Debug Feature usage.
- Race Conditions in qeth when more than one
- VIPA and Proxy ARP problems on qeth.
- Avoid hang during initialization on I/O errors.
- Console: kernel compilation fails in
- Crashes triggered by s390 network drivers calling
fake_llsource MAC problem.
- Tape: Fix implementation of NOP mtio operation.
- Tape: Initially boxed tapes might become invisible.
- z90crypt incorrectly detects PCIXCC as PCICC.
- zfcp: SCSI I/O stall due to missed local-link-up event.
- zfcp: arbitrary (and bewildering) order of entries in
- zfcp: incomplete fix for dynamic SCSI adapter addition in
- zfcp: infinite error recovery escalation for certain port failure.
- Corrected hangcheck driver
- Fix a pointer arithmetic bug in the xattr code.
nfsd-fhalias(for HA-NFS): avoid console spew from invalid IP 0.
- Fix bad
ffs()return value, fixes fat and netfilter.
- Fix NFS directio bug that causes data corruption when creating files larger than 4 GB.
- Added missing
This updates contains the following IBM code drops:
- 2003-10-31 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
- 2003-11-28 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
- 2003-12-18 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
rpm -Uvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Please make sure to run "
zipl" to write the updated IPL code to the DASD or MDISK as the system won't boot at next IPL otherwise.
Now reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.