This document (2942958) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Click the filename to download: rplkt5.exe 141605 bytes 05Oct1998 05:44AM
RPLKT5.EXE contains Remote Program Load (RPL) files for NetWare v2.x, v3.1x, v4.x.
RPLKT4.EXE provided updated: RPL.NLM, TOKEN.RPL, and RBOOT.RPL.
RPLKT5.EXE provides updated: ETHER.RPL, F1ETH.RPL, PCN2L.RPL, RBOOT.RPL, and TOKEN.RPL.
This text file provides a general overview of the contents of RPLKT5.EXE and provides an index of the readme files required to implement each RPL program file in RPLKT5.EXE.
RPLNLM.DOC provides instructions on how to install the RPL.NLM server function and related files on a NetWare v3.x or v4.x File Server:
RPLCOM.DOC provides instructions on how to install the RPL.COM server function and related files on a Novell DOS ODI Client:
RPLVP1.DOC provides instructions on how to install the RPL.VP1 server function and related files on a Novell v2.x File Server or External Router: (Ethernet_802.2 Virtual drivers)
The above files allow for RPL "find-found" frames to be communicated between RPL workstations and Novell servers. The RPL proms that are supported are Novell Enhanced Boot Proms and IBM RPL proms.
New to RPLKT5.EXE:
ETHER.RPL, F1ETH.RPL, PCN2L.RPL, RBOOT.RPL, and TOKEN.RPL were updated in RPLKT5.EXE and now use task ID 1 instead of 0.
The RPL files have been changed to use task 1 rather than using a bad task ID
number of 0. The RPL files used to get away with using a bad task ID number of 0 until an OS patch (tskzerfx.nlm) to not allow the use of task 0 was added to the file server.
New To RPLKT4.EXE:
RPL.NLM, TOKEN.RPL, and RBOOT.RPL were updated in RPLKT4.EXE with the following changes:
1. Under rare circumstances BOOTCONF.SYS was left locked open after a workstation would boot using RPL. This has been fixed in RPL.NLM.
2. If a workstation changed to a locally administered address when loading IBM's Lan Support Program, the workstation would lose communication with the file server. This has been fixed in TOKEN.RPL and RBOOT.RPL.
3. On some machines workstations would get the error "Non-System Disk or Disk error Replace and press any key when ready." when trying to open the image file. This has been fixed in TOKEN.RPL and RBOOT.RPL.
4. In some cases, when RPL.NLM is bound to the LAN driver using the PS= and the NODEFAULT parameters, workstations would get the error "RBOOT-RPL-100: Unable to CONNECT to <SERVERNAME>; RPL HALTED". This has been fixed in TOKEN.RPL and RBOOT.RPL.
5. Incorporated changes from IBM for TOKEN.RPL to support an additional range of IRQ's and a 16K page size.
Self-Extracting File Name: rplkt5.exe Files Included Size Date Time Version Checksum \ 3CBOOT.NLM 8604 02Nov1992 02:22AM A8022.LAN 152 12May1993 09:24AM A8022.OBJ 3620 14Apr1993 05:19AM B8022.OBJ 3620 14Apr1993 05:19AM BOOTNCP.COM 5136 08Oct1991 09:48AM C8022.OBJ 3620 14Apr1993 05:19AM D8022.OBJ 3620 14Apr1993 05:19AM DCONFIG.EXE 22701 01Jul1992 07:31AM DOSGEN.DOC 2501 02Feb1996 07:35AM DOSGEN.EXE 11008 05Aug1993 06:26AM ETHER.RPL 16272 07Jan1998 02:51AM F1ETH.RPL 12141 07Jan1998 02:44AM NEARSERV.DOC 332 13Feb1996 08:30AM NEARSERV.EXE 9214 22Nov1993 04:44AM PCN2L.RPL 10999 07Jan1998 02:21AM RBOOT.RPL 8078 07Jan1998 02:36AM RPCONFIG.COM 2744 14Jul1992 03:05AM RPL.COM 8318 29Apr1993 05:33AM RPL.NLM 6389 23May1996 09:24AM RPL.VP1 1897 05Oct1993 02:55AM RPLCOM.DOC 32353 14Oct1993 11:38AM RPLFIX.COM 1838 30Jun1993 04:56PM RPLFIX.DOC 4214 15Oct1993 04:16AM RPLKT5.TXT 5859 05Oct1998 05:44AM RPLNLM.DOC 23229 28Feb1996 02:08AM RPLODI.COM 1652 21Mar1991 07:24AM RPLODI.DOC 2464 15Oct1993 04:00AM RPLVP1.DOC 11310 02Feb1996 07:45AM TOKEN.RPL 18676 07Jan1998 02:29AM
|Document Title:||RPLKT5.EXE; RPL File Updates|
|Novell Product Class:||NetWare|
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.