Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 01JUL2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (a0b7af8264bb40feb7376a2dfd300d10)
- chown: users can change the group affiliation of arbitrary files to the group they belong to
- pss, mpu401 sound driver: read/write to complete memory
- airo driver: read/write to complete memory
- ALSA: copy_from_user/copy_to_user confused
- acpi_asus: read from random memory
- decnet: write to memory without checking
- e1000 driver: read complete memory
rpm -Uvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Please make sure to run "
zipl" to write the updated IPL code to the DASD or MDISK as the system won't boot at next IPL otherwise.
Now reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
If you need the kernel sources you can install them by using the command:
rpm -Uvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.