Winsock Suite Update 6.23.02
This document (5003903) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
patches this patch supersedes
|wsock6k.exe||NetWare 6.5 SP6||Obsolete||Winsock update for NetWare 5.1 and 6.x|
patches that supersede this patch
|Product||Status||Next Superceded By||Last Superceded By|
|NetWare 6.5 SP6||Obsolete||Winsock Suite Update||Winsock Suite Update|
This Field Test File is supported by Novell Technical Services.
Updated Winsock files may be used with minimum NetWare 5.1 SP8, Netware 6.0 SP5, and Netware 6.5 SP5.
Winsock update to address issues found after NetWare 6.5 SP6
NetWare 5.1 SP8, NetWare 6.0 SP5, NetWare 6.5 SP5 / SP6
1. Load Nwconfig | go to Product Options | Install a product not listed | press
F3 to specify a path and specify the path to the winsock.ips file.
Note: This will copy the files to the server boot directory.
2. Down server and then run SERVER.EXE from the C:\NWSERVER\ prompt.
1. Rename winsock files or make a backup copy.
2. Copy new files to C:\NWSERVER directory or appropriate server boot
3. Down server and then run SERVER.EXE from the c:\nwserver prompt.
*Warning: Manually copying files to the DOS partition will update time stamp
on the file and can cause problems with future support packs. You may use
Toolbox.nlm which does preserve proper time stamp.
There is an option to restore backed up files from NWCONFIG using normal install
script (WINSOCK.IPS), but of course the backup option must be used first.
The backup option will make a backup copy in the !WINSOCK.OLD directory in the
server boot directory. IE: C:\NWSERVER\!WINSOCK.OLD
Known Problems and Limitations:
Technical Support Information:
Inlcuded a new module called WS2NRM.NLM which is a replacement for winsock NRM diagnostics. Only needs to be loaded to troubleshoot winsock related issue through NRM.
- Fixed Abend: Kernel detected an attempted context switch while holding a spinlock coming through WS2_32.NLM|MP_WSAStartup code. Bug 253981.
- Fixed a spinlock related abend seen when loading GWPOA.NLM in protected address space. Bug 254230.
- I/O Completion Port API's were not marshalled to ring 3. Bug 78480
- Fixed a CPU Hog abend coming through WS2_32.NLM|WSPSelect. Bug 256015
- Fixed abend Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU Á2 coming up through WS2_32.NLM|WSPSendCallback. Bug 247408.
- Fixed a hard hang condition seen by Zen imaging PXE boot. Bug 249504.
- Fixed a memory leak in WSPIP.NLM - v6.22.09 seen on server using NWFTPD. Bug 252619
- Abend: Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU \uffff2. Bug 259201
- Fixed an ECB leak processing ICMP reply packets coming through winsock. Seen after setting up RSS feed groups in NRM. Bug 256238.
- Fixed a memory leak seen in Apache testing caused by not checking linger state while cleaning up socket inside ipmapSessnRelease code. Bug 264063
- Fixed Page Fault abend inside atomic_inc but coming up through WSPSSL.NLM|WSPSSL_FASTACCEPT_EventCallBack. Bug 244266.
- Fixed abend Kernel detected an attempted context switch while holding a
spinlock. Bug 252228.
- Fixed a problem seen with GroupWise Webaccess where it stops responding because of apparent back logging. Some queue counters were getting off. Bug 259478.
Compressed File Name: wsock6l.zip
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information. Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.
Novell is a registered trademark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SUSE is a registered trademark of SUSE Linux AG, a Novell business. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2007 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.